Mrs. Walker Grade 3
I have been working in Glendon School for 11 years and I continue to love coming to grade 3 each day! My favourite things about grade 3 are introducing new concepts, working through a "Growth Mindset", the conversations I have with this age group, and witnessing the many "aha" moments that occur throughout the year.
Here are some of the BIG IDEAS of grade 3:
- Math - Comparing and using numbers to 1000, Multiplication and Division, Fractions, Solving multi step problems
- L.A. - Becoming "Thinking" readers, Adding elaborative details to our written pieces, Spelling 3 syllable words, Sharing ideas with others
- Social - Comparing/Contrasting Canada with other places around the world (India, Peru, Tunisia, Ukraine), Thinking Critically
- Science - Hearing and Sound, Building and Testing with a variety of Materials, Rocks and Minerals, Animal Life Cycles
- Health - Making safe and responsible choices, Growth Mindset
Reading is a critical part of everything we do. I recommend that students be reading at home daily, as well as discussing what they are reading with someone. Grade 3 completes READO boards as our homework.
Please contact me with any questions. I am happy to hear from you! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 780-635-3881